One of my favorite thing to do on a Friday night is binge watch Netflix.
It’s cheap, it’s entertaining, and can be educational depending on what you’re watching.
Think about it- if you go to the movie theater, buy two tickets at an average of $9 per ticket and purchase a medium popcorn an average price of $7, you’re looking at a minimum of $25 for 1 date night out.
A minimum of $25 for 1 night out— umm… no thank you!
Instead, make yourself some popcorn, snuggle up on the couch and watch one of these shows and put that $25 you might have spent into your savings account.
10 Movies/Shows To Binge on Netflix
- Happy (documentary all about what happiness truly is and looks like)
- Minimalism (documentary about the minimalist movement and why people are finding more with less)
- Set it Up (rom-com about two people who set their miserable bosses up on a date and find love themselves)
- Amazing Interiors (HGTV style show shows you interiors of some really interesting and unique properties)
- Like a Father (comedy about a woman left at the altar and then going on her honeymoon with her estranged dad)
- Glow (drama-comedy series based on a true story of the first women’s wrestling TV show- basically a TV show about a TV show)
- Mindhunter (drama series about two agents who interview serial killers to try and understand their behaviors– it’s freaking amazing!)
- Black Mirror (each episode stands alone and discusses social issues– it’s honestly equal parts creepy, twisted, and mind blowing)
- The Kissing Booth (rom-com about about a high school girl who has a crush on her best friend’s older brother- predictable, but cute none the less)
- Breaking Bad (an oldie, but such a goodie– if you haven’t watched this show, jump on it. It’s truly amazing)
Speaking of popcorn, I wanted to share my favorite popcorn recipe. It’s legit the best and makes me want to eat the whole bowl… which has occasionally been my go-to dinner for extra lazy nights.
♥ 1/2 c. popcorn kernels
♥ 2 tbsp butter melted
♥ 1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
♥ Popcorn salt (finer than table salt)
Using an air popper, pop the kernels. Melt the butter in microwave (40-ish seconds). Once butter is melted mix in oil and combine. Drizzle oil/butter deliciousness on popcorn and sprinkle salt to your liking. Toss to combine.
Next time you are trying to find out what to do on a Friday night and you want something budget friendly, snuggle up on the couch and binge one of these shows.