Once upon a time, I used to go to Black Friday sales every single year. 1:00 am was no barrier for me.
I wore that sh*t like a badge of honor going to work later that morning and bragging about my finds.
(One year, after fighting the crowd my click- aka boyfriend, sisters, brother and cousin- and I went to Denny’s to laugh, reflect and discuss our morning of almost getting trampled. Instead, we were entertained by a verbal argument between a veteran calling a customer un-American and an entire restaurant full of people clapping!)
You just don’t get that stuff on a regular day!
While, I no longer wake up at 1am to fight the crowds, I do still occasionally hit a store or two. But I know there are some fellow die hards out there, so I wanted to share a few tips on Black Friday dos and don’ts.
To recap some of the video tips.
- Go on a budget (and stick to that budget)
- Divide + conquer (send half your group to other stores and meet up later. You might even be lucky enough to observe verbal arguments and awkward applause.)
- Price match as often as you can (this will save you time and money)
- Bring your manners! (enough said)
- Browse online Thanksgiving Day (you can sometimes get better or as good sales)
- Be a dick (no one wants to deal with a crappy attitude)
- Camp out (no deal is THAT good)
- Buy just because it’s on sale. (no, you really don’t need that $2 DVD of Ps. I Love You…really)
- Buy crappy doorbusters (they are there to entice you to camp out. They are crappy quality and a crappy way to spend money..trust me, I’ve been there, done that)
- Forget the Golden Rule: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
There you have it. Follow these tips and have fun if you go shopping! But, if shopping isn’t your thing, you can join me for #OptOutside. I’ll be spending my Black Friday saving money and going on some adventure.
Forever livin’ debt free,
Comment below and share your Black Friday stories/tips! These are always so entertaining!!