I teach millennials how to pay off debt and gain financial independence. I give them the tools to have more fun with money, while sprinkling in a little weirdness silliness.
- my master’s in business,
- my bachelor’s in accounting,
- experience paying off debt ($30,000 in 10 months),
- and a true “started from the bottom” story.
• • • • •
And when I’m not writing about money and creating financial plans for others, I can be found taking spontaneous road trips, reading in coffee shops, or mentoring other entrepreneurs.
I have a fur baby named Patrick, a large family with five siblings and have a partner in crime, Tony.
I love traveling and hiking, later finding out that I’ve tackled two of the most dangerous hikes (Kalalau Trail and Angel’s Landing). But my heart really belongs at the beach.
Want to be part of my digital family?
Trying to get in touch with me?
Shoot me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re dying to know more, here are 5 things you don’t know about me:
- I have dance parties in my kitchen with Patrick.
- I used to compete in figure and bikini competitions and can truly strut my stuff in 5 inch clear heels.
- I’m terrified and fascinated by sharks…seriously they outlived dinosaurs!
- I’m a huge homebody that caught the travel bug.
- I can do some damage on veggie trays, popcorn and coffee!
• • • • •
- Top 25 Millennial Personal Finance Bloggers You Should Be Following http://www.financialsumo.com/top-millennial-personal-finance-blogs/
- Savings Tips To Keep In Mind Beyond National Save For Retirement Weeks https://www.myubiquity.com/savings-tips-to-keep-in-mind-beyond-national-save-for-retirement-week/
- When Enough is Enough: How much is too much debt? http://www.thesimpledollar.com/how-much-is-too-much-debt/
- Guest on Her Money Matters Podcast: http://jenhemphill.com/hmm-17-what-does-chasing-the-dollar-got-to-do-with-anything-guest-whitney-hansen/
- FinCon and Student Debt: Guest on The TBC Podcast: http://bestdebtcompanys.com/2015/the-tbc-podcast-episode-1-fincon-and-student-debt/
- The Motivated Millennial: Millennial Spotlight http://www.themotivatedmillennial.com/blog/millennial-spotlight-whitney-hansen
- Summer Reading List: 23 Books To Read About Money http://www.thesimpledollar.com/books-to-read-this-summer/
- Destroy Debt with These 5 Tips http://createlivegrow.com/destroy-debt-with-these-5-tips/
- How gender inequality in academia translates to startup environments http://elitedaily.com/women/gender-inequality-academia-translates-startup-environments/962464/
- Adios Student Debt: How I Paid off $30,000 in 10 months http://elitedaily.com/money/cest-la-vie-student-debt-paid-off-30000-10-months/925987/
- Bills, Bills, Bills: 5 money goals to conquer in your 20s http://elitedaily.com/life/5-money-goals-conquer-20s/861683/
- Tips for College Entrepreneurs https://thebluereview.org/tips-start-a-business-in-college/
- Millennial-Friendly Office Space http://idahobusinessreview.com/2015/08/28/millennial-friendly-office-space/
- Budget Tips for College Students + Venture College http://news.boisestate.edu/update/2014/03/26/university-tv-explores-venture-college-programs/
- 4 Borrowers Who Paid Off $10-$40K in Just One Year http://studentloanhero.com/featured/borrowers-paid-off-student-loans-in-just-one-year-and-how-they-did-it/
- Fitness Amateur of the Week (Just for fun!) http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitness-amateur-of-the-week-whitney-hansen.html
- SuperMoney Interview: https://www.supermoney.com/2016/12/expert-interview-series-whitney-hansen-whitneyhansen-com-hacking-personal-finances/